Well, we bit the bullet and hired some painters to take care of our peach, butter and caramel colored walls (wait, that combo sounds ridiculously delicious, no?). They came to the flat this morning and immediately started taping off the trim, wrapping our furniture and moldings in plastic and covering our hardwood floors with paper. Before the action, I managed to take a few "before" shots to share. You know, the paint colors aren't so bad (except the peach, it's hideous) but it's just not our style.
Once the walls are painted, we'll hang some art, have some chairs reupholstered, buy a headboard, get some new pillows, add some color to the bathroom...all sorts of things. We like to say we're going "bird by bird"...













(Sorry, the bathroom's a little small, so it's hard to photograph...here's another from the real estate listing.)

3 comments:
Oooooh, your place is gorgeous. Can't wait to see the after photos!! How old is the house?
.ivy
ditto what Ivy says! Love most of those colors but I agree, I'd like something a bit more modern for colors :) Bought the paint to do my own painting next week... seeing all that molding makes me totally understand why you hired the painters now! WOW! SO beautiful! Can't wait to see the afters!!!
Thanks, ladies! The house is a 102 year old Victorian. (Top flat of a three unit building.) We LOVE the moldings, built-ins, fireplaces, curved windows and character, but it was a bear painting the two rooms we did. I'm so happy we hired the painters! At the end of the day tomorrow, we'll have all the walls the colors we want and I'll be able to put some things on the walls. So excited. Right now, however, it's like a scene from ET! :)
Post a Comment