
The time came for Hugo to venture out on his own and for mommy to start working more hours on her business. Two full days to work will most definitely help me be more present on the three days I'll be hanging out with Hugo all day.
He was dubious of our plan to send him to "school," which is actually an in-home daycare not far from our home. But Hugo always enjoys having the opportunity to flash his dimples for the camera, which is why he seems to excited in all the photos. We continued to sell Hugo on the idea of school and being able to hang out with his friends ALL DAY LONG, but, despite our best efforts, there were tears and strong grips around mommy's neck when dropping him off last Thursday morning. (And the tears weren't all his.)
The reports from his first day were positive - he ate well, played nicely with other kids, even napped over an hour (typically he naps for two, but I give him credit for napping at all on day one.) He did cry for a few minutes after we left him, but then settled down and got to work playing. He seemed both relieved and thankful when I showed up a mere eight hours later to take him home.
I hope it gets easier for us to part ways in the morning. I'm sure that it will once Hugo makes more friends and realizes a full day of playtime, reading, arts and crafts, music and learning is far superior to a day spent watching me cook, clean and do laundry with the occasional dance party.
Wish us all luck tomorrow for Day Two of daycare.


No comments:
Post a Comment