A couple of weeks ago, Marty and I went in for my 20 week ultrasound and came out with positive results and another CD full of photos. And we even managed to keep our heads turned away from the screen while the ultrasound techs looked at our little one's "bits" to see if it was a boy or a girl. Knowing that someone else in the room knew if Baby Senn was a he or a she, but we didn't, was excruciating. However, we know we are going to be so happy we kept it a surprise (to us) until his/her birth!
To be honest, we didn't get many great photos this time around since Baby Senn was so active and a little camera shy, but the real purpose of the ultrasound was to check that the baby is developing at a normal rate, and to look for any possible abnormalities in his/her structural development and growth and to check the position of the placenta. The good news is that everything looks great - 10 fingers, 10 toes, 4-chambered heart, good spine development, and lots (LOTS) of movement. I think the heartbeat was around 150 bpm this time around.
Here's a decent profile shot.
Looks like a tight fit in there already, and we're only halfway there!
And here she/he is from the outside!
Overall, I'm feeling pretty healthy at the moment. I'm staying really active (well, as active as I can be really) by doing prenatal yoga 3 times a week, walking 3-4 miles over lunch a couple of times a week, and I plan to add in a once-a-week barre/strength/flexibility class for an extra boost. I do still get tired at times since I'm not sleeping as well at night anymore, but I'll take this over my first trimester of nausea any day.We haven't kept up with our weekly belly photos as well as we would have liked, but just remind us to post more and we will! Things are moving fast and it seems like I get a little bigger every day. But that could just be the ice cream, oops!
Oh, and check out the bottom of the blog page for the new Baby Senn Countdown - you can see how far I am in my pregnancy (weeks / days) and how many days we have until the due date.
xo
2 comments:
you look so darn cute! Someday I'll start looking preggers and not just fat, oily faced and exhausted, ha! Though the 3x/week showers due to an explorer of a 2 1/2 year old that I don't dare turn my back on don't help either. Take care and keep the belly pics comin! ;)
Kim you look great! Congratulations to you both. Being a parent is one of the greatest things you will ever do. Congrats on your new adventure!!
Nikki
Post a Comment