Every once in a while, Kimberly gets a well-deserved massage. Not the husbandly sort, but an actual professional massage. Hugo isn't invited to these massages. Not because he wouldn't be well-behaved, but because he doesn't yet have any muscles that warrant massaging, and Kim doesn't want him to feel awkward or bad about that. They're so fragile at this age. So I take him to Alta Vista Park, just down the road. We don't do much there. We look at the playground equipment that's mostly too big for him. And walk around the tennis courts, though we haven't told him about tennis yet. But mostly we just look at the Alta Vistas. I'm assuming here that 'alta vista' means awesome 360-degree views, because that's what you get at Alta Vista Park. You can see everything. Nice old Victorians, the high-rises of downtown, Alcatraz. Alcatraz! (We've lived here for three years but for some reason that still impresses me.)
Now, you can't really appreciate all those views via camera phone, so instead of the views, I give you pictures of Hugo and I admiring those awesome views. I think we look alta.

No comments:
Post a Comment