Friday, December 3, 2010

Napping Performance Evaluation.

Hugo asked me today if I would film him napping to help refine his technique and make changes where needed. I was thrilled he was so interested in improving his skills and gladly obliged.

Despite creating the perfect environment for napping (dim lighting, clean crib sheet, sleep sheep for white noise, sleep sack for warmth and perfect room temperature of 67 F), I noticed there is still quite a lot of room for improvement in his form. I recommended a few simple changes to him after reviewing the film:

First, napping is best achieved when in a fully reclined position - standing is generally not recommended for a successful nap. The napper should also do his best to remain quite still during the nap, avoiding sudden squats and bounces where possible. Additionally, while not a necessity for all nappers, many individuals find napping easier when their eyes are closed. Finally, a successful napper will also avoid making noises voluntarily, choosing instead to relax the face, jaw and tongue to encourage soft breathing and a general sense of quiet.

Have a look at the film and feel free to make any additional suggestions for Hugo, he's keen to perfect this essential skill.


No comments: