
On Friday morning, right before heading to work, Kimberly pulled a packed suitcase from the bathtub (I'm both offended that she thought that'd be a good hiding place and embarrassed that she was right) and announced she was taking me to Vegas for my birthday. I was floored.

Sure enough, we checked in to the MGM Grand later that night, right on the Las Vegas strip. It's a monstrosity - part hotel, part shopping mall, all casino. We loved it.

After a Friday night spent dancing, we spent a lazy Saturday roaming the Strip. It was amazingly hot (especially coming from chilly SF) so we checked out giant casino after giant casino just to soak up a little A/C. On Sunday we were even lazier, spending most of the day poolside. Later that night, we got dressed up and went out for a great, great birthday dinner at a fancy French restaurant that had amazing views of...tourists playing slot machines.

Inside Paris/Las Vegas, a Parisian-themed casino. I wouldn't say we felt like we were back in France, but gotta hand it to them for trying.

The most beautiful woman in Vegas, and the brains behind the whole operation. It was a huge surprise, and as much fun as you'd ever want to have on your birthday. If we weren't already married, I would have dragged her off to the casino's wedding chapel. Thanks, Kimberly.
1 comment:
How fun! Happy Birthday, Marty!
Post a Comment