After a fairly crazy weekend in New York, this past weekend was the perfect antidote. Kimberly had a long-lost friend in town, Becky, who stayed with us. She's on her way from Tasmania, Australia to Napa and Oregon where she's interviewing for jobs in the wine business. The two of them hadn't seen each other in about ten years, so while they spent some time catching up, I spent some time wandering the neighborhood and taking pictures. Above is an old Cadillac I found on Linden Lane.
Further down Linden, near Blue Bottle Coffee.
As dodgy as it looks in this picture, that orange B is the sign for Hotel Biron, a great little wine bar kitty-corner from our apartment.
The kitchen as Suppenkuche, a German restaurant in the neighborhood that we hit on Friday night with Kimberly's friend and our friend Eric. Three Wisconsonians and a Minnesotan, so of course beer and brats were a must.And to top off the weekend, we went to a baby shower for our friends Kate and Mike Davidson. In a stunning move, it was decided that the shower would be co-ed. I'm glad it was. While I never imagined myself as the shower sort, we all had a great time getting to celebrate with Kate and Mike, meeting Kate's parents who flew in from Illinois, and eating delicious food. They received all sorts of soft blankets and socks and onesies, and I drank beer from a baby bottle. Good little afternoon. We didn't have our camera, but we're willing to bet the Davidsons will put up some pictures on their own blog, thesanfranciscotreats.blogspot.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment