We just got back from our appointment with Dr. Huh and Baby Senn still seems super-comfy inside my belly. Since my appointment last week I haven't made much progress on dilation or effacement -- still at ~1 cm dilated, 50% effaced and at a -2 station -- for those who are following the stats.
Being sick for the past week has definitely not helped, since it's prevented me from really being as active as I'd like to be, and have been able to be throughout the rest of the pregnancy. (Lying horizontally on the couch doesn't produce the same gravitational results as walking the hills of SF!). However, by resting and hopefully recovering, I'll be perfectly healthy when Baby Senn does decide to make his or her entrance into the world.
Since I feel about 10% better today, I am going to step up my efforts in getting Baby Senn to want to come out and meet us! My daily routine is going to get just a bit more intense now - more walking the hills, more squatting, extra time on the exercise ball, more yoga, some accupressure and all the other "tricks in the book" to help this baby out. I also have another acupuncture appointment scheduled for Monday. We're going to do some heavy-hitting induction work, and quite a bit of research shows that labor will usually commence 24-48 hours after this type of session. We'll see if that's true for me as well.
To check how the baby's holding up after this weekend since I'll technically be "overdue," we have a non-stress test scheduled for next Tuesday. It's a standard, non-invasive monitoring of the baby's response to its own movement and checks to be sure fluid & oxygen levels are still in a good place to let baby hang out for a couple extra days. Assuming all goes well during the NST, we'll continue to aim for a natural labor & delivery and simply wait it out.
Our last resort is to have an induction scheduled for a week or more after my due date. Hopefully with all of the efforts I'll be working on for the next week, we'll get Baby Senn outta here naturally and won't have to go this route! In the end, we're gunning for a healthy baby & healthy mom, so we'll be doing whatever needs to be done to ensure that we get both.
xo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No worries, Kim! Everyone's different. At 35 weeks I am/was at 3cm, 70-80% effaced and +1 station. With Tegan I sat at 3 1/2 cm and 75% effacement for 3 weeks before going into labor. Other moms go from 1cm to 10 in 30 min once labor begins. Thinking about and praying for you and Baby Senn! :)
Hi, Kim! I won't go into details - but ask you doctor about a membrane sweep. I had one with each pregnancy and got to meet baby the next day, both times.
.ivy
Post a Comment