Monday, March 26, 2012

Big as a Plum.


Oh yes, that's a photo of my innards from this morning. Wait, what's that I see...? Is it...? Why yes, it's a BABY! Just a wee creature at this point, but we all know that's just how they start. You can expect Baby Senn to arrive into the world at the end of September/early October. (Technical due date October 5th, due date measured today around September 30th.)

We've been talking to Hugo about the baby brother or sister who is currently living and growing in my tummy, and he's very excited to understand how big the baby is at any time during the week. This week, the baby is as big as a plum! Because so many of his little friends have recently acquired little brothers or sisters, he seems to understand how a mommy's belly will grow over time and then one day, a new baby just shows up at playgroup. Boy won't he be surprised when he learns that the new baby has to come live with us too.


I've been feeling pretty terrible. (I know, I wish I could be all "it's awesome, I feel great, energy is up and nothing sucks!" but I can't.) There's been a fair amount of getting sick, a significant amount of nausea, and an extreme amount of fatigue. I'm hoping that within a week or two, I'll start to get my energy back, but for now, I try to take naps when I can and have been cutting back on work. Although it certainly feels like things are just getting behind rather than actually being cut back.

What's become very clear over the past couple of months is that Hugo is a remarkably compassionate and caring young boy. He's always concerned about how I feel in the morning - making sure he brings me crackers in bed and when I get up, always asks me, "you feel better, Mommy?" It's quite possibly the sweetest thing I've ever witnessed. He even knows to play quietly by himself if I just need to take a break in the afternoon.

Just a small request... Since this blog is for close friends and family, we feel comfortable announcing my pregnancy here first. I think we'll try to keep Facebook and other social media quiet for the time being, just so we can enjoy having a little family news before the whole dang world knows about our happy news.

Here are some more ultrasound photos if you're interested.
legs
profile and arms
 These 3D ultrasound photos are kind of creepy, but check out that tiny little baby booty!
back, booty and skinny little legs

5 comments:

Jenn said...

How very exciting!!! Did you get sick with Hugo? I'm guessing a girl if you didn't with Mr. H. :) Hope you start feeling better soon - I vaguely remember how sick I got all 3 times (God's way of promoting procreation... he lets us forget how miserable it can be) and I totally sympathize. Congrats!!!

Kimberly said...

Thanks, Jenn! I did get sick with Hugo, but don't remember how bad it was (selective memory, since I also remember that I loved being pregnant??). I just hope I don't gain 60 lbs. like I did last time! :)

Katie said...

So exciting! For some reason I've been feeling suspicious that this may be coming! Hope the icky feelings go away soon. It's definitely harder the second time around when you can't sleep as much. Hugo's going to be a great brother!!

kristofer and ivy said...

Yaaaayyyy! Congratulations!!! I hope you feel better soon. =)

.ivy

Noir JB said...

Congratulations Marty, Kim & Hugo!!! :)