As the day went on, the sun got brighter and we know that the best way to pass a beautiful Sunday afternoon is in a park. We put on our layers (because it is San Francisco), checked ourselves out in the mirror hanging from a tree (proof: see below) and went to Dolores Park.

We weren't the only ones with that idea...
It was at this point I realized that I needed to cook up something to bring to a dinner party I'm going to tomorrow night. While a bit unconventional to have a dinner party on a Monday night, it's become a regular thing for a small group of women here in SF. Once a month, about 15-20 ladies from across the US, and now living in SF, get together for a "pot luck" soiree with hopes of trying new things, eating healthy and local, then sharing the recipes. I remembered that sweet corn is in season now, and I've noticed a few restaurants featuring a deliciously creamy sweet corn soup, so I decided to try it out myself.
It was at this point I realized that I needed to cook up something to bring to a dinner party I'm going to tomorrow night. While a bit unconventional to have a dinner party on a Monday night, it's become a regular thing for a small group of women here in SF. Once a month, about 15-20 ladies from across the US, and now living in SF, get together for a "pot luck" soiree with hopes of trying new things, eating healthy and local, then sharing the recipes. I remembered that sweet corn is in season now, and I've noticed a few restaurants featuring a deliciously creamy sweet corn soup, so I decided to try it out myself.I am a huge fan of Epicurious for recipes and found what I thought would be a rather simple Summer Corn Soup on the site. I was a little bit wrong about the "simple" part... it took me exactly 136 minutes to make this soup! But all in all, things turned out pretty well.
I wanted to be sure it was just right before exposing a dozen women to my creation, so I asked Marty to try it out. He seemed to like it...


All for now!
xo

1 comment:
Very cool first picture! And that latte below and I want to grab out of the picture it looks so good.
Nikki
Post a Comment