Sunday, June 21, 2009

Elastic-Waisted Pants

Well, I've officially grown out of my jeans and have moved on to bigger (and more stretchy) waistbands. For the past few weeks I've gotten by with securing my buttons with a hair tie and a Bella Band, but I reached a point this weekend where I knew I needed to suck it up and accept that my skinny jeans would need to find their way into storage to make room for some elastic-waisted pants.

Here I am at about 8 or 9 weeks, perhaps my last time for many months rocking the skinny jeans. There's a bit of a bump starting to show, but I can honestly say that I'd get that same bump from eating a big dinner. 


This one is taking at around 12 weeks. Woohoo, now that's progress!


And, Marty took this shot this morning, the very beginning of week 14. I'm in one of my first maternity purchases. I got tired of wearing billowy tops to conceal my growing bump and now am fully embracing my newly curvy figure and showing it off a little. (And if you didn't know me, you'd probably just think I DID just eat a big dinner.)


It was a successful weekend of augmenting my pre-pregnancy wardrobe with some pregnancy-appropriate clothing. Since a lot of the tops I already own still fit fine, I only really needed a few things to get me through the next few months. I may pick up a couple more things along the way, especially as seasons change (not in SF of course, since that doesn't actually happen), but for now, I feel like I'm set for a while.

Here's a sneak peak at some of the things I found this weekend. I started with a Maternity Exchange here in SF - it's a once monthly shopping event where women can sell their "name brand" maternity clothes & others can buy them at a super discount. Had a couple of good finds there. A few other items are from A Pea in the Pod, and at least 2 or 3 are non-maternity from GAP & Target.

We're doing our best to remember to take the profile shots on a weekly basis to track belly progress, so we'll try to keep posting the photos often!

xo

1 comment:

Jenn said...

you DO have a little belly - equal to my (post 2 babies) non-pregnant belly, and still probably smaller than that, HA! (depressing for me...) Keep the pics coming, love to see growing baby bellies. Can you believe you're a mom? Amazing!